0 Just a Thought: Throwing away money on throws?

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009

imageMaybe it is the lovely cooler weather we’ve been enjoying lately or perhaps the magic of back-to-school time, but during a window shopping trip on the world wide web, I noticed an abundance of stores peddling throw blankets.

Everywhere I looked, ads depicted happy mothers covering sleeping children in a soft sheet of cashmere and women snuggling up with a cup of tea and yet another luxurious throw. I mean these blankets were everywhere, and I’ve got to tell you, those ads were convincing. I immediately began to feel a drafty chill tickle my own feet. That settled it. I too needed a new throw for fall.

I immediately found one in a lovely burnt orange—I believe the technical Williams Sonoma Home term for the color was “Autumn Glaze”. Oh yes. That was the one.

Then I caught a glimpse of the price tag. Whoa! More than I wanted to spend, but my new throw was worth it, right? It would keep me warm all winter, right?

When it came time to check out, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Yes, those ads were wonderful, but what they didn’t show was how my new throw would most likely become my little handsome Ralph’s snuggle buddy. Somehow I don’t think spending hours picking the little white puppy furs off of alpaca was the activity the ads had in mind.

So off to Target I will go in search of a less expensive alternative. My wallet (and husband!) will thank me for it. Maybe not Ralph, though.

-Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP